By Victoria Berry & Courtney Carpenter, Owners of Vita Coffee
Fall at Vita means pumpkin spice, wholesome coffee, & cozy conversations. As coffee folk, we take the Fall Season VERY seriously. From our Smashing Pumpkins (pumpkin pie inspired) Latte to our Sweet Potato Danish, we try to bring all the goodness of the season into delectable and wholesome treats.
If seasonal spices aren’t your go-to order, don’t worry, our baristas are trained to whip up something to your personal liking. We know ordering coffee can be so overwhelming and down right intimidating sometimes. We try to take the fear out of ordering coffee and not knowing where to begin. Vita is bringing the joy back into trying something new at a coffee shop and maybe even learning something new along the way too.
Here’s a few key pointers for the next time you come up to our counter to order:
- Be honest – don’t be afraid to tell us what you like and don’t like; it won’t hurt our feelings, we want to serve you something you’ll love!
- Sweet or Strong – Decide if you’re in the mood for something on the sweeter side or something with a stronger coffee flavor. This helps us decide what kind of drink you’d like, example: a cappuccino has more coffee flavor and less milk (an espresso based drink with 4 oz of milk) versus a latte which has much more milk than coffee flavor (an espresso based drink with 10-14oz of milk).
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions – a cappa-mocha-whata??? All the different names of coffee can be confusing and different depending on what coffee shop you’re at so don’t be afraid to ask “what’s what”.
- Know your milk preference – if you have allergens, on a diet, or simply don’t like milk, be sure to let our baristas know when you order!
- Hot or Iced – depending on the weather or your personal preference, we can fix pretty much any drink either way!
- And our final tip is to bring a friend! Coffee is always better enjoyed when you have someone to share it with. Even if you wander in our shop by yourself, you’re sure to be welcomed with a kind face and you may even leave with a new friend. Being able to see friendships bloom in the lives of our customers and staff, as well as our own lives, has been such a privilege. There is a real closeness in coffee that truly brings people together.