The homebuying process, while exciting, involves big decisions and can have its share of challenges if not adequately prepared. Even the most prepared are likely to face adversity as each transaction can bring a unique set of challenges.
It’s very important to work with an experienced realtor to guide you through each step of the homebuying journey to ensure the best possible experience. After all, there are a lot of people involved in the transaction (lenders, title companies, inspectors, appraisers, surveyors) and it’s critical to have an advocate who understands the ins and outs of each function. We have made it our mission to equip clients with the knowledge and confidence it takes to buy a home.
In our buyer consultations we present our clients with the 7 steps of buying a home in an effort to explain the process as simply and as condensed as possible.
- Partner with an Agent
- Absorb their local insight
- Complete needs assessment
- Gain access to off-market properties
- Setup in MLS
- Receive emails with properties matching your criteria, as soon as they hit the market!
- Get Pre-Approved for a Loan
- Understand what you can afford
- Determine your monthly mortgage payment
- Prepare for escrow
- Obtain a pre-approval letter
- Shop for Your New Home (Yay!)
- Review properties emailed to you
- Favorite homes on the MLS
- Nix homes that don’t meet the mark
- Review property disclosures & exclusions
- Schedule home tours with your agent
- Decide on your dream home!
- Make Your Offer & Negotiate Terms
- Review contract terms
- Determine purchase price
- Sign the offer
- Execute the contract with the other party
- Prepare for down payment & earnest money
- Shop home insurance options
- Stay in close contact with your agent
- Under Contract
- Deliver earnest & option checks
- Schedule inspection & negotiate repairs
- Order appraisal
- Conduct title search
- Secure home loan
- Acquire home insurance
- Remain in close contact with your agent, lender, & title company
- Schedule your closing!
- Before You Close
- Set your moving date
- Confirm that all contingencies are resolved
- Setup utilities
- Schedule the final property walk-through
- Stay in close contact with your agent, lender, & title company
- Obtain a cashier’s check or wire funds & have your driver’s license handy for closing!
- Closing Day
- Sign closing disclosure, promissory note, & other documentation
- Save your paperwork in a designated, secure location
- Get your keys – Congrats, it’s all yours!
Team Leader, REALTORⓇ
Jake was born & raised in Ennis, TX! Prior to his career in Real Estate, he spent 10 years of his professional career in education as a teacher & football coach. He & his wife, Cali, met at Texas Tech & have 2 kids; Wimberli & Witten! Jake understands how difficult, overwhelming, & sometimes stressful the home buying process can be. It’s a huge decision! Entering his 4th year in business, he has proudly served over 130 families! His mission is to equip clients with knowledge & confidence needed to ensure the best possible experience for you & your family. We’re here to serve YOU!
Executive Assistant, REALTORⓇ
Morgan was born & raised in Ennis, TX! She graduated from UTA & spent 8 years as an accountant. She joined the Willingham Group in 2018 & obtained her license in 2019 to further serve clients! Morgan & her husband, Darrell, are proud parents of Lyndon & Dawsyn! Morgan has a knack for numbers, passion for helping others, & loves transforming a house into a home. She is excited to foster lifelong clients!